Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Lakeland Community College
Tenure Track Pediatric Nursing Instructor
Kirtland, OH 44094 United States
Minimum salary for a two-semester academic year (178 days) is $48,762 for a Master’s
degree or $59,239 for a PhD, with opportunity for overload and summer teaching for
additional compensation. Excellent comprehensive benefits.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Pediatric/Adolescent Quality Improvement Nurse
• PREPARE for and provide classroom lecture on the College’s Kirtland campus.
• PREPARE and provide for clinical instruction at major metropolitan healthcare centers.
• COORDINATE clinical pediatric teaching faculty.
• SELECT texts, supplemental documents and other learning resources.
• SET attainable instructional goals and objectives compatible with approved rationale for courses taught.
• EVALUATE students to determine progress toward course goals and objectives, assign final grades, determine correct course placement, and when appropriate, evaluate experience and knowledge for the purpose of granting credit.
• PROVIDE subject area academic assistance to students seeking assistance and to those with special interest in the subject.
• MAINTAIN a minimum of ten posted office hours on campus per week calculated to be convenient for students (including appropriate consideration for evening students), and be available during these hours for student advising and conferences.
• MAINTAIN accurate records of student grades and communicate on a timely basis to the appropriate institutional office.
• ATTEND general college, general faculty, division, department, and advisory committee meetings.
• PROMOTE excellence in teaching.
COURSE AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
• RECOMMEND to Division Dean the revision, deletion, or addition of courses or curricula.
• EVALUATE and recommend catalog and support material revisions.
• MAINTAIN updated course outlines according to prescribed college procedures; develop course syllabi for students.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND SERVICE TO THE COLLEGE,
PROFESSION, AND COMMUNITY
• REMAIN current with the field of assigned instruction and related occupational areas.
• ACQUIRE, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional methodologies and materials.
• PARTICIPATE in an annual faculty evaluation process in compliance with procedures applicable to the discipline.
• ATTEND scheduled divisional and professional development in-service activities.
• ASSIST in the recruitment, selection, orientation, and evaluation of college personnel.
• PARTICIPATE in accreditation processes within the college.
• ASSIST in the preparation of semester schedules, faculty assignments, facility
assignments, and budgets.
• ATTEND seminars, workshops, and meetings of related professional organizations as time and budget permit.
• BE RESPONSIVE to requests from business, civic groups, and community organizations for assistance appropriate for the community college.
• SERVE as an adviser to students and to student organizations.
• ASSIST in articulation with schools where Lakeland students transfer, and with
companies employing students and graduates.
• PARTICIPATE in community activities for the benefit of the college.
Consider a career change to higher education and join our highly regarded Associate degree RN program beginning in Fall of 2013. Details at: www.lakelandcc.edu/administ/humres
Education, training, experience:
Minimum: 1) Master’s degree in Nursing with an emphasis on Pediatric Nursing;
2) Minimum two years of recent pediatric clinical experience; 3) License to practice as a Registered Nurse in Ohio; 4) Evidence of ability to teach and present concepts; 5) Availability for some evening and weekend teaching.
Preferred: 1) Prior experience in curriculum development and teaching is preferred.
Terms & Conditions